Director, Software Development
Return to All Jobs
| Apply for Job
Autodata is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada with offices in NY, Portland, Windsor and Troy. Autodata serves the world’s largest auto manufacturers and their partners. Do you have a passion for helping build a world class development group? Do you love growing and mentoring developers and helping them build great software? Are you familiar with modern development best practices and tools (fisheye, crucible, Jenkins, Maven, CI) Do you like helping deliver interesting projects, using current technologies (we don’t have much 10 year old legacy code here!)? Autodata is a profitable business and is growing rapidly. We currently have an opening in London Ontario for a Software Development Director.
Who are you:
You are a smart and creative thinker who thrives on developing people and software. Colleagues are inspired by your commitment to quality and delivery excellence. You have a deep understanding of how to build great software and a vision to build a great team. You have an understanding of web based JAVA software solutions using a wide variety of frameworks and approaches.
As the Director, Software Development you are/have:
What you have/are:
- Responsible for strategic and functional day to day leadership of the software development group.
- Flexible working in a fast paced tactical environment and feel comfortable with the day to day pace and can continually push the big picture strategic vision.
- Owner of continuous improvement and excellence in the engineering organization - processes, standards, and practices, unit test, code reviews, continuous integration and metrics etc.
- Diligent in ensuring the team is correctly staffed and sized to fulfill project commitments. You help allocate the right personnel to projects.
- A key member of the London Leadership team and is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the development group.
- A key escalation point to help projects get on track when needed.
- A big picture vision but do not mind getting your hands dirty helping teams execute when needed.
- Responsibility for improving usage and efficiency of offshore resources.
What’s in it for you?
- An unbridled passion for technology and building world class teams
- Familiar with a wide variety of web based stacks and approaches such as responsive design, HTML5, Spring MVC, Spring Batch, jQuery, myBatis and KendoUI to name a few
- A love of people and a passion for coaching and growing individuals
- A deep understanding of how great software is built
- Good communication and negotiation skills and can articulate to and represent development to senior leaders
- A smart and creative thinker who thrives on helping solve problems
- A strong desire to work in a growing and fast paced environment where you can make a real difference and have the freedom to put your great ideas into action
- Competitive salary and benefits
- On site health and wellness activities: Yoga, Pilates, Kick boxing, Run Clinics, Art classes
- Corporate sports teams: volleyball, softball, soccer, hockey etc.
- On-site Financial Advisor for your banking needs
- All-expense-paid technical conferences. We have sent different groups of developers to the last 3 Apple and Google conferences.
If this describes you, we speak the same language! Apply online at www.autodatasolutions.com
Return to All Jobs
| Apply for Job